Sheridan Maine are working in partnership with a rapidly growing family owned Group based in the South West, who are seeking an experienced Head of Finance to join the business. The group has many different revenue streams and is a highly diverse and acquisitive business. With recent capital investment they are able to add to what is already a well-established business and enhance its portfolio.
Reporting into the CEO, the Head of Finance will be responsible for overseeing the Finance function and supporting the board with insight and MI so it can in achieve its strategic goals.
Required Experience and Skills
- Responsible for leading the wider Finance team by overseeing its Accounting & Payroll operations
- Reviews the monthly MI produced by the team and sends out to the wider team
- Creates and delivers the Quarterly Board pack to the Board including providing effective commentary
- Manage the business cash position with Cash Flow forecasting and ensuring the business is geared correctly to meet its ambitious growth plans
- Develop budgets and 5 Year Plan’s for the business
- Responsible for FCA reporting, applications, and monitoring programmes as a credit broker
- Be a part of the senior Commercial team offering insight and ideas to strengthen the business
- Project appraise new opportunities and recommend to the board on potential investment
- A key person in business development projects and the go to for understanding the numbers behind the investment
- Business partnering with the Leadership and Commercial teams to ensure cost efficient decisions are made
- Continue to develop better MI on an operational and Board level
- Ensure the business is Tax efficient and that the correct VAT is charged across the various revenue streams
- Ensuring that the company has the right processes and policies to safeguard its assets e.g. Cash Control
- Support the CEO and board on ADHOC queries where needed
- Supporting the directors on Company Secretary duties as needed
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA + 5 years
- Able to lead an effective team against a structured timetable
- Good knowledge of MS Excel with large ERP Systems e.g. SAP
- Payroll (outsourced) knowledge
- Able to demonstrate the ability to drive system/process efficiency
- Experience of VAT and Corporation Tax
- Past Head of Finance Experience (Essential)
Great benefits a collaborative culture and dynamic working environment are on offer to the successful candidate.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.