Sheridan Maine are currently recruiting for an experienced Accounts Assistant to work closely with the company Accountant within a well-established business based near Ringwood. This is a full-time permanent position which will be based in the office 5 days per week.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Purchase Ledger – processing high volume invoices, checking, coding and inputting purchase invoices and staff expense claims
- Payment of invoices, creditors and staff expenses
- Chasing debtors and credit control
- Monthly reconciliation of the debtors and creditors accounts and highlighting issues to the Accountant
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Making weekly payment runs by BACS (via Excel)
- Raising sales ledger invoices
- Posting receipts, direct debits and standing orders
To be considered for this position you will need previous experience working in a similar Accounts Assistant / Purchase Ledger role. The successful candidate will have strong IT skills, including Excel to an intermediate level, be a strong team player with excellent attention to detail and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.