“Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness.” James Thurber.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an international financial services firm to recruit a Finance Business Partner on a 12-month fixed term contract. Based at the firm’s central London headquarters, this is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that offers an optimistic future with prospects of career progression.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Support the delivery of timely and accurate financial reports
• Support the development of appropriate internal controls to ensure conformance and compliance with policies and J-SOX
• Support Business Line Companies to establish and enhance their internal control and to deliver accounting due diligence service for potential investment opportunities
• Ensure timely delivery of supporting information for internal and external audits
• Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Act as a key contact with the external auditor
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Qualified accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
• Excellent organisational and analytical skills
• Numerate with excellent attention to detail
• Clear analytical thinker, with the ability to solve complex problems and issues
• Solid experience in an accounting practice environment, preferably audit
• Exposure to multiple reporting environments
• Demonstrable knowledge of accounting treatments (IFRS)
• Proven track record of understanding controls
• Demonstrable experience prioritising conflicting requirements
• Proven track record of driving process improvement
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.