“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” Albert Einstein.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an award-winning business that is currently looking for a Financial Accountant to join its busy team based in south London.
Reporting into the Finance Manager you will provide an exemplary service to customers, both internal and external, by presenting timely, accurate and meaningful information to ensure relevant decisions can be made.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Financial control over Purchase Ledger and Sub contractor Ledger accountancy function, and areas of the N/L
• Assist with group finances and treasury function
• Managing Balance Sheet reconciliations and Control Accounts
• Assisting with month end and year end close and reporting
• Compliance with allocated statutory responsibilities (VAT, PAYE, HMIT, CIS etc)
• Liaison with all external financial parties (tax authorities, VAT inspections, finance companies, bankers etc)
• Assist with production of all statutory accounts, audit documentation, draft tax computations and consolidation
• Liaison with professional advisors on required financial matters (auditors, tax advisors)
• Produce management accounts, budgets, forecasts and other Management Information
• Reporting on project profitability and CVR’s
• Management of Work in progress reporting and revenue recognition
• Development and control of business critical KPI’s
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Strong Financial Accounting background
• Experience of project accounting and Revenue Recognition/WIP accounting - preferred
• Worked in fast paced environment, with a flexible attitude
• High level financial modelling skills
• Business Partner approach – building and maintaining strong relationships with all interactions
• Experience of having dealt with Auditors, HMRC and other key 3rd parties
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.