“My own definition of leadership is this: The capacity and the will to rally men and women to a common purpose and the character which inspires confidence.” - General Montgomery.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with a hospitality group to recruit a commercially strong finance individual as Interim Head of Finance.
In this role, you will take full responsibility of the finance function. You will require excellent communication skills, regularly liaising with departmental heads and other members of staff. Strong leadership skills are essential as you will serve as a role model demonstrating appropriate behaviours by leading from the front with a positive can-do attitude.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Manage and control pre-opening budget
• Maintain and secure assets, minimising outstanding receivables and investments inventories
• Prepare in conjunction with General Manager and Department Heads, all operational budgets and forecasts
• Coordinate all internal financial training and development of department heads and managers
• Prepare cash flow forecast monthly
• Oversee preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial statements
• Develop and maintain internal controls in all departments
• Implement and support property operating policies and procedures
• Assist in development of Risk Management program
• Prepare periodic presentations at owner’s meetings
• Maintain insurance programs
• Coordinate all financial audits
• Encourage collaboration among all team members
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Experience of leading a finance team
• Experience of working within the hospitality industry
• Strong commercial awareness
• Team player
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.