“I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with a fast-growing professional services firm that is recruiting a newly qualified (ACCA) Accountant as Finance Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a supportive business that offers considerable career progression.
A combination of home working and working at the firm’s brand-new office based in central London, you will take a lead role in the production and analysis of monthly Group Reporting as well as take ownership of monthly management accounts for group companies.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Become a Business Partner for companies within the group
• Taking ownership of the monthly management accounts for the group companies
• Performing monthly balance sheet and revenue reconciliations
• Regularly meeting project managers to ensure all invoices, costs and contracts are up to date on accounts
• Authorising invoices raised by project managers
• Supporting colleagues with timesheets and the expenses system
• Preparation of monthly payroll
• Identify and implement process improvements
• Work closely with the Financial Controller in the annual audit and preparation of Statutory Accounts
• Be involved in annual Corporate Tax returns across the group
• Management of the finance team
• Be the lead contact / champion for queries regarding the company accounting system
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Demonstrable experience working within a finance/accounting department
• Strong Business Partnering skills
• Ability to understand and implement new IT platforms where necessary
• An ability to confidently present to small groups
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.