“Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance.” Francis of Assisi.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an established organisation that has a strong global presence. They are currently looking for a technically strong qualified Accountant with audit experience to join their team based in Surrey.
In this role, you will be extremely customer focussed and provide technical finance advise to all colleagues, thus ensuring they operate within requirement and will develop appropriate controls, and ensure objectives are delivered in a compliant manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Provide leadership and ensure robust guidance of all financial technical advice (accounting, tax and regulatory)
• Establish and maintain engaging guidance and operating procedures as a one stop shop/first point of call /easy to use online tool for
common areas of technical advice
• Anticipate potential impacts of new accounting standards (in particular IFRS and USGAAP), changes in tax/regulations/law/compliance
requirements globally and assess options and risks and recommend solutions accordingly to manage implications
• Develop and implement technical training for key colleagues
• Ensure Finance fully considers and reflects impact of changes in accounting standards/regulations and tax regulation into its in year
accounting procedures and controls and in preparation of Financial Statements, in a timely and effective way. Ensuring these are aligned
with expectations of external auditors
• Work in partnership with Legal team to assess tax regulatory requirements in countries, assist in providing technical advice and support
to enable and ensure resolution of issues
• Lead efficient, effective and timely completion of key regulatory and compliance returns
• Provide technical accounting and tax guidance to the Leadership Team and senior colleagues on major corporate issues such as M&A,
new operating models, structures/entities etc in partnership with Corporate Development, Legal and Strategy teams to inform decision
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Degree level education
• Audit experience and exceptionally strong technical accounting skills in both IFRS and USGAAP
• Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA)
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical stakeholders
• Comprehensive understanding of tax regulations
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on