Sheridan Maine are working exclusively with a key client based near Blandford in Dorset who are seeking an experienced full-time purchasing and stock control assistant.
Due to considerable growth within this well established manufacturing business, Reporting into the Purchasing Manager we are seeking a strong and experienced Purchasing Assistant. You will be looking to further develop your career within purchasing and grow with the business.
The key areas of responsibility will include:
- Hands on working experience of supply chain logistics, including stock control, ordering and goods in
- Maintaining stock records within the CRM system, updating and maintaining computer systems including relevant paperwork
- Placing orders, general purchasing, stock admin, negotiating prices and agreed deliveries with suppliers
- Monitoring and managing outstanding deliveries from order stage
- Understanding and interpreting technical information
- Maintaining good relations with existing suppliers and internal departments
- Matching invoices and delivery notes ready for payment processing
To be successful in this Purchasing Assistant role you will have the following skills:
- Identify improvements and anticipate issues in advance
- Attention to detail with the natural ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate will also have experience in SAP, but on the job training will be given for this if not.
- You must also have a good telephone manner for both customer and manufacturer communications, and be prepared to help out in a general office environment as required.
- Able to build and maintain rapport across all levels
This role will be based in the office and working hours will be 9-5:30 Mon-Fri.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible