“Leadership is not being in charge, it is about taking care of people in your charge.” Simon Sinek.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an international property group to recruit a commercially focussed qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with previous management experience into its team as Senior Finance Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Mentor and support team members through training and feedback to encourage and develop internal capabilities and ensure that staff
are adequately resourced to perform
• Manage the applicable management accounting documentation and supporting procedures and ensure all are up to date
• Oversee and support the preparation of all monthly reporting and analysis
• Oversee and support the preparation and review of business plan financial reports
• Oversee and support the provision of technical input and contribution to the preparation of company announcements with reference to
• Manage data quality and integrity of output for monthly and quarterly management reports
• Supervise the day to day administration and preparation of financial transactions and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances
and other financial results to ensure compliance with approved accounting standards and maintenance of general ledger integrity and
• Supervise and provide technical guidance and advise on specific accounting topics
• Manage data quality and integrity of output for monthly Financial Accounting and Reporting results
• Manage and co-ordinate interaction with external auditors
• Oversee and support the design, development and maintenance of management reporting systems and accounting methods, and drive
continuous improvement initiatives in relation to both Management and Financial Accounting and Reporting processes and systems
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
• Experience in Finance and Accounting roles (or equivalent obtained through on the job training)
• Excellent attention to detail and customer service focus
• Sound commercial acumen and understanding of general and transactional accounting, cost accounting and reporting
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to make the complex simple in pursuit of clear deliverables
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.