Sheridan Maine are recruiting an urgent new 12-13 month maternity contract role for a client based in the Poole and Bournemouth area. We are seeking a Qualified Senior Management Accountant who can start at short notice and leading a small team, provide the best financial information and support for the group.
As Senior Management Accountant you should be able to pull together a set of management accounts and know by experience that whatever you don’t understand you can learn quickly. We are seeking a clear, analytical thinker with the ability to prioritise different tasks and manage your own time. You will take pride in preparing the best financial information and be brave enough to challenge the status quo.
We need someone who can communicate well with people, with a good understanding of finance systems, enabling you to extract and manipulate data in order to produce financial reporting and answer ad hoc queries.
You should be able to make excel do the things you want it to do using advanced excel skills, including formulas, lookups and pivot tables.
You will be a key member of the team which has responsibility for the financial reporting of a company, group of companies including, but not limited to;
Experience and Qualifications:
- Production and review of monthly management and assisting with annual statutory accounts
- Responsibility for accurate preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Preparation and presentation of financial reports and liaison with budget holders and other stakeholders external to finance to discuss and review
- Maintaining a high level of technical accounting knowledge to ensure that accounts are prepared correctly and in line with the relevant accounting standards.
- Ensure all reporting deadlines are met without exception
- Manage workload, delivery and development of management and assistant management accountants
- Responsibility for balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with best practice
- Responsibility for reconciling service charges
- Journal processing, including ensuring the correct accounting of accruals and prepayments
- Review of assistant management accounts work to ensure accuracy
- Interrogation of financial systems to identify errors and make corrections
- Variance analysis
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Identify opportunities for improvements and challenge the status quo
- External returns and reporting
- Educated to GCSE and A-Level Standard (or equivalent), including GCSE passes in English and Maths. Relevant degree education or AAT level three or above would be an advantage.
- Qualified member of a recognised professional accounting qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) is desirable.
- The role is suitable for a qualified accountant with relevant post qualification experience, or in the absence of professional qualifications more than ten years of relevant experience. Relevant experience includes working as part of and managing a financial reporting team, management accounting, budgeting, working with financial systems and working as part of a larger team to achieve common goals.
- Strong all-round IT skills with expert level excel skills is essential. Experience and knowledge of specialist financial systems is desirable.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to manage workload and deliver outputs to specific deadlines.
- Some staff management experience is desirable.
This role is a great choice for those looking not just for a job, but for a career with the opportunity to grow, be involved and interact across the whole business.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible