“Good and solid analysis and a formal way of looking at a problem (are the core ingredients of good decisions).” - Colin Powell.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an established business based in central London. The company have seen some strong growth in the recent months and now require an experienced Management Accountant to join their finance team. This role will suit a technically strong Accountant and statutory accounts and audit experience is preferred.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Production of monthly management accounts
• Monitoring and ensuring accuracy of development project expenditure
• Ensure all underlying accounting records are maintained in accordance with best practice
• Produce comprehensive financial and commercial information in a timely manner
• Prepare all analysis required together with comparatives to budgets / forecasts
• Provide support and reconciliation of development expenditure when required e.g. financial closes, project sales
• Budgeting and Forecasting
• Assist with the completion and submission of VAT returns
• Ensure processes are in place and adhered to in order to capture accurately all data required to complete VAT returns
• Working with the outsourced provider in the preparation of year end statutory accounts
• Assist with the preparation of all schedules and supporting information required for the audit of the year end statutory accounts
• Preparation of monthly accounts pack in line with agreed deadlines
• Liaising with other members of wider finance team
What you will need to be great for this role:
• 3+ Years Management Accounting experience
• Part qualified accountant ideally ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent, finalist
• Technically up to date with a good understanding of UK reporting standards
• Good understanding of VAT
• The ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment interfacing with internal teams and external stakeholders
• Self-starter and good at taking initiative
• Excellent attention to detail when checking information with an ability to recognise and question anomalies
• Clear communicator
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.