“Only Accountants can save the world through peace, goodwill and reconciliations.”
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with a prestigious organisation who are seeking an experienced accounts payable specialist who has had proven experience of standalone work to join their team as Accounts Payable Senior.
In this role, you will work within the Central Finance team based at their office located in central Bristol. You will be responsible for the smooth operation of the whole accounts payable function.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing Accounts Payable processes for new suppliers, purchase requisitions, invoice authorisations, payment runs including BACS runs, employee expense reimbursements company credit cards, cheques and petty cash
- Month-end close process and reporting for Accounts Payable
- Responsible for supplier relationships
- Processing of purchase orders, invoices and preparation of information for payment runs
- Responsibility for processing staff expenses, including preparation of payroll information for reimbursement
- Analysis and reconciliation of credit card statements, management of supporting documentation, posting of expenses
- Processing of ad-hoc BACS payments
- Maintaining records of direct debit payments, allocating these on Sage and reconciling accounts
- Preparation of monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Maintenance of supplier information in Sage
- Preparing bank reconciliations and cash flow payment forecasts
What you will need to be great for this role:
- AAT part-qualified would be beneficial
- 2-5 years' experience in an Accounts Payable or similar function
- Very comfortable using Sage, Concur and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.