“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” - Albert Einstein.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an established media company that is looking for a Management Accountant to join its team based in central London. This role would suit a part-qualified accountant with a good understanding of IFRS and experience of auditing SME’s.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Review and prepare accruals and prepayments to ensure all monthly postings to the P&L are accurate
• Maintaining fixed asset register and preparing depreciation journals
• Reconciliation of intercompany accounts
• Perform balance sheet reconciliations
• Completion of monthly analysis of all balance sheet balances
• Tracking company KPI measurements
• Prepare Month end deferred and accrued revenue journals
• Review sales contracts and ensure understanding of timing and appropriate revenue stream
• Cash flow report preparation, forecasting and cash collection
• Posting of monthly payrolls and the reconciliation of appropriate ledgers
• Support the year end process, including liaising with external auditors on areas of responsibility and provide prompt and
accurate responses to all queries
• Prepare quarterly VAT Returns and submit to HMRC
• Ensuring correct use of VAT classification by accounts payable staff
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Excellent attention to detail and a hard-working attitude and work well in a team environment
• Experience of producing monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations
• Knowledge of UK tax regime including corporation tax, VAT, and payroll and benefits
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.