“Act as if what you do makes a difference. IT DOES.” - William James.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an established financial services firm to recruit an immediately available Accounts Assistant into its busy team based in London. This is a great opportunity to be part of a collaborative organisation that is looking for an ambitious individual with previous accounts payable experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of Accounts Payable/Receivable function from end-to-end
• Posting invoices, expenses and credit card statements
• Managing and resolving supplier/customer queries
• Managing the relationship with key suppliers
• Reconciling A/P and bank to the G/L to maintain the accuracy of the ledger
• Preparing weekly payment runs and manual payments for review
• Management of daily/weekly/monthly cashflow driven by tight working capital requirements
• Raising invoices for accounts receivable activities, assisting with the year end audit and any ad hoc tasks as required.
• Preparing accruals, prepayments schedule and assisting with management accounts
• Calculating and submitting VAT returns to HMRC
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Strong attention to details and a problem solver
• Minimum of 2 years’ accounts payable experience
• Experience in credit control and an understanding of working capital management
• Knowledge of Sage 50 Cloud based accounting
• Ability to prioritise work and works well under pressure to meet monthly deadlines
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, small-team environment
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.