“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” - John Maxwell
Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with an established media business that has recently seen some rapid growth. They are currently looking for a technically strong and commercially minded individual who possesses excellent leadership skills.
As Group Head of Finance, you will report into the group CFO and lead the finance team whilst help develop and improve controls, processes and reporting.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the Chief Financial Officer in all aspects of the company management and statutory reporting
- Take ownership of the monthly and quarterly closing process and manage the delivery of management accounting pack on a timely basis
- Assist in the consolidation of group management reports
- Manage, guide and support the development of a team of six
- Oversee major financial processes and provide guidance and support to the Group CFO
- Work closely with department heads to gain a thorough understanding of the business pressure points and opportunities
- Assist in ensuring that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Improve and enhance the financial reporting process, and implement additional controls
- Perform high-level monthly reviews of the entities results and provide summary reports to the stakeholders of the business
- Monitor cash flow
What you will need to be great for this role:
- Fully Qualified professional accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA etc.)
- At least 3-5 years’ post qualification experience
- Strong technical accountancy ability
- Commercially astute, articulate and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Dynamic, highly motivated, with an inquiring mind and a passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.