My client is a leading multinational IT business based in central London, who currently have a fantastic newly created role for a Senior Group Accountant to join the team. This is great time to join an established business going through a period of positive growth and change, whilst expanding they’re position through M&A activities.
- Ownership of end-to-end the Group’s financial reporting process and preparation of the annual statutory accounts, planning and co-ordination of tasks to deliver timely outputs
- Responsible for the audit close process for the Group, delivering a timely and ‘no surprises’ year-end
- Providing guidance, training and support for existing and new finance team members and wider business community on IFRS technical issues and in using reporting systems
- Assist Senior Group Finance Manager with reviewing and consolidation of budgets, including reviewing Opcos upload, central adjustment areas and pension accounting
- Ensure senior management have the information that is accurate, robust and readily available to manage and control European operations
- Ad hoc projects, which include acquisition accounting supporting the Group’s new acquisitions and central adjustments areas
- Drive continuous process improvements in all areas of management and statutory reporting, with a focus on efficiency and automation
- Support Senior Group Finance Manager with acquisition accounting process, set up in Hyperion structure and accounting policies integration for newly acquired subsidiaries
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of periodic reporting, annual statutory accounts filings and tax filings
- A qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA qualification is essential) with significant PQE
- Experience of working within a Group Finance function
- Extensive experience with preparation of group consolidated statutory accounts and disclosure notes, including an effect of Covid on financial statements for a listed business
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion consolidation package
- Strong IFRS capability, with experience of providing accounting solutions to complex issues/ contracts
- Experience with impairment testing of CGUs and going concern assessment
- Experience of working closely with external big 4 auditors in relation to quarterly, interim and annual audit
- Experience in acquisition, pension and treasury related accounting beneficial
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.