“You can see the size of people’s dreams from their profit and loss calculations.” - S.E.Sever.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a world-class firm to recruit an enthusiastic and energetic Management Accountant into its team. This 18-month fixed term contract is a good opportunity to be part of a busy and friendly finance department within a growing organisation.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Review of the monthly profit and loss accounts for the group
• Maintain and update a detail listing of prepayments and accruals
• Preparation of quarterly reconciliations
• Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Liaise with managers across the business to understand any substantial movements in management accounts compared
to budget and documentation of the understanding on a monthly basis in the format of management commentary
• Assistance with the preparation of the management reporting pack, group reporting pack and the monthly board
• Preparation and review of divisional profit and loss accounts including commentary for reporting to the board
• Maintain the fixed asset register
• Assistance with the preparation of the annual budgets and reforecasts
• Managing a small team and assist with streamlining the processes and controls
• Preparation of financial statements and annual tax compliance packs
• Updating and preparation of standard operating procedures as required and assistance with the redesigning of internal
management and month end reports
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Part qualified or qualified ACCA or CIMA
• Experience Minimum of 1-2 years of management accounting experience and preferably a multi-company environment
• Demonstrate basic understanding of VAT and recovery under standard and partial exemption rules
• Experience of liaising with staff at all levels
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.