“The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself.” Oscar Wilde.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an established firm with offices across the UK. Part of a global network of business advisory firms this is company with a collaborative culture that shares its client’s entrepreneurial mind-set.
This senior role, based in the Reading area, is to oversee the team, embed best practice, strive for operational efficiency and support managers and assistant managers in the delivery of services, ensuring the highest quality is delivered for Director or Partner review.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead a team on compilation and accounts for audit engagements in accordance with FRS 102 and FR 101
• Be responsible for leading and directing a team of managers and assistant managers in all operational aspects of the
• Continually strive to improve working practices to achieve desired business strategy and commercial success
• Participation in people management including resource planning and allocation, performance management, training
• Support, guide, and coach managers and assistant managers to assist them in achieving their personal career goals
What you will need to be great for this role:
• ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent qualification
• Extensive working knowledge of UK GAAP (FRS 101, FRS 102 and FRS 102 section 1A)
• Previous experience in a manager or senior manager role delivering statutory accounts preparation or audit services
• Proven ability in managing and developing staff i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, and
• Ability to prioritise and plan effectively, using a logical and methodical approach to meet tight deadlines
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.