Sheridan Maine are working on an excluisve basis with a leading SME manufacturer based in the heart of Dorset, who are seeking a Head of Finance to join their growing business. This role will be reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer and working as part of the Senior leadership team.
As Head of Finance this is an important role within the company. You will be required to be hands-on and actively involved in the production of accurate and timely financial information. As part of the senior management team you will have responsibility for the following key areas:
- Management of the finance team of 3 staff, including objective setting and monitoring.
- Supporting the strategic objectives of the company, ensuring that all financial targets are achieved.
- Preparation of statutory annual financial statements and accompanying disclosures, for inspection by external audit.
- Lead the annual audit and assist external Accountants in preparation of statutory accounts and corporation tax returns.
- The production of an annual budget, cash flow forecasting and cash management.
- The production of monthly financial management reports, including significant variance analysis and annual and monthly forecasting.
- Presentation of timely and accurate financial information in a clear and simple format to the Senior Management Team at their monthly meeting.
- Ensure that timely invoicing and credit control and payments are managed.
- Management of the payroll function and ensure that the statutory accounting requirements are met.
- Review the profitability of all areas of the business and undertake modelling scenarios where appropriate.
- To constantly review and, where necessary improve SAP and other financial systems.
- Take the lead in seeking improvements to efficiency and cost competitiveness.
- Be the financial lead for any ad-hoc projects
As Head of Finance you will be a qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA Accountant, or Qualified through demonstrable and relevant experience at a senior level, having the ability to work effectively with staff at all levels of the company, both finance and non-finance backgrounds and you will ideally be an experienced SAP, financial system user.
On offer is a competitive salary with discretionary annual Bonus, Agile working, Pension and 25 days holiday (+ BH) and most importantly a Fun, friendly and incredibly positive working environment.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.