“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” John C Maxwell.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an established organisation to recruit an Interim Financial Controller into their team. Starting early September, the role requires a mix of both working from home and in the office.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Owning the P&L reporting process and cash management and forecasting process
• Review and assess financial performance and work with the management team to identify and realise improved
• Own the billing and collection cycle to ensure that working capital targets are delivered
• Ensuring the balance sheet is correctly reconciled
• Owning and leading the annual budget cycle to deliver to Central Finance timetable and working with the finance and
operations teams to ensure a stretching but achievable plan underpinned by clear interventions
• Responsible for the monthly published management accounts, ensuring relevant commentary and detail is supplied
within the monthly packs
• Critically evaluate the internal financial processes to improve productivity and minimise accounting risk. Work with
Central Finance team and Journey Optimisation teams to scope and deliver improvements
• To support the growth and development of 3 direct reports alongside overseeing the full finance department
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
• Leadership skills to manage the finance function
• Ability to prepare management information
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.