Sheridan Maine are proud to be working with a well-known organisation who are looking to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant into its vibrant team based in Dorset.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Supervision of a small team of financial accountants
• Supporting the professional development of these direct reports through coaching and wider participation of the annual statutory accounts production
• Management of the Group accounting processes to support a timely and accurate monthly management and statutory accounting cycle (P&L and Balance Sheet)
• Manage process to maintain the group structure and support business reporting requirements and new initiatives / markets
• Manage the monthly balance sheet review and identify financial risks and opportunities
• Identify control weaknesses, recommend improvements and escalate to ensure they are managed appropriately with cyclical internal audit review of finance key controls
• Contribute to the preparation of the Group’s consolidated (quarterly and year end) & subsidiary statutory accounts
Key Skills and Experiences:
• Qualified and Technically astute ACA/ACCA Accountant or equivalent, ideally with experience gained in retail or an FMCG environment
• Considerable experience of financial statutory reporting for consolidated and single entity accounts
• Up to date knowledge and understanding of IFRS 16 in particular
• Experience of liaising with external auditors/advisors and supporting an efficient audit process
Fantsatic working environment and benefits are on offer to the successful candidate.
If you’re interested in this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible!
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.