Due to continuing growth and development our client is looking for a Senior Group Financial Accountant to join their Group Finance team, this role will be based at their Poole Head office (with remote working on offer) and will report into the Group Head of Financial Accounting, the Senior Group Financial Accountant is primarily responsible for;
- Act as a central resource to provide IFRS accounting advice to internal stakeholders.
- Support central finance activities such as complex refinancing and restructuring projects, working with colleagues across disciplines such as Tax, Treasury and Legal.
- Develop IFRS accounting advice, accounting policies and guidance notes for the Group’s internal guidance.
- IFRS point of contact on new and recent accounting developments such as revenue and lease accounting.
- External Financial Reporting; support the production of the Annual Report and Accounts, reviewing and validating in line with latest reporting best practice.
- Support the production of financial information for external audit and act as point of contact on specific areas.
- Review of Financial Consolidation; Work with colleagues to help maintain the quality of the Group’s financial consolidation through review of monthly reporting, including communication and follow up with local teams.
- Oversight of Group’s global IFRS 16 lease accounting reporting.
- Support other members of the Group Finance team in the performance of their duties, as required
Skills and Experience:
- ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant with strong IFRS knowledge and post qualification experience
- Experience of auditing / reporting in large multi-currency Groups
- Experience of external financial reporting in the form of listed company annual reports or similar and experience in UK statutory reporting
- Good project management and communication skills, written and verbal, and used to working across a geographically and culturally diverse Group
- Team management experience
- Strong user of Microsoft Excel, ideally with experience of using Excel alongside a large scale financial consolidation system
They're growing quickly and alongside a fun, motivational and dynamic environment, they can offer a fabulous package and amazing growth opportunities.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible