"Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning." Winston Churchill.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an award-winning hospitality firm that is currently looking for a Company Accountant to join its team based in central London. The company offers a generous pay and benefits package and excellent career opportunities.
They are looking for candidates who are technically strong part-qualified Accountants (CIMA,ACCA) and have the ability to prepare for review management accounts, to ensure they are in accordance with company policy and applicable accounting standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for all cost lines including calculation and posting of accruals and prepayments
- Cost of sales preparation and margin analysis
- Posting of payroll and calculation of Holiday Accrual
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Banking responsibilities including reporting daily balances for cashflow, transfers and liaising with the bank
- Bank Reconciliations
- Intercompany postings and reconciliations
- Overseeing accounts payable duties
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns for submission by Head of Finance/Financial Controller
- Managing and maintaining the fixed asset register
- The checking and processing of employee expenses
- Support for annual audit liaising with auditors and providing evidence as required
- Oversee the daily tasks of the Accounts Assistant
What you will need to be great for this role:
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience working in a multi-site business
- Proven experience of building strong relationships within an organisation
- Highly organised and a good communicator, as well as being a team player
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.