Sheridan Maine are working in partnership with a leading organisation based in the Bournemouth area, we are now seeking to recruit a new position of Operational Finance Manager to join their business.
Responsible to the Head of Finance covering financial, risk, governance and control matters relating to the core operational financial processes including; purchase ledger, expenses, financial accounting of payroll, recharges and cost transfer across the business unit, as well as collection and cash management and leading the Operational Finance team.
This role will suit a person who has a driven and dedicated working style with the passion and enthusiasm to motivate others and improve processes with appropriate levels of controls.
You will act as a key member of the Finance team and will take pride in the service provided to both internal and external customers, and as such must be a strong communicator, and have the ability to comply with strict processing and reporting requirements.
- Manage the monthly financial processes to enable the production of accurate and effective management info.
- Prepare and present timely and accurate management information and bespoke financial analysis.
- Oversee production of quarterly VAT return and ensure compliance with all statutory filing requirements.
- Lead on delivery of clear recharge and cost recovery models where shared services (Finance, IT, HR) are utilised either by the core Services business or by Developments
- Assess all activities undertaken by the Operational Finance Team and make recommendations on how best to integrate with the core Group Finance Functions where possible.
- Hold regular one-to-ones and set relevant objectives at annual performance reviews which are aligned with the Group.
- Lead and support the Operational Finance team and strengthen the overall capabilities of the team both through building more effective relationships with the wider Group Finance functions.
- Empowering your team to take responsibility, delegate where appropriate, provide regular feedback and hold them accountable for commitments and performance.
- Review and take responsibility for the ongoing development of financial controls & procedures.
- Ensure an effective system of internal controls is in place and regularly reviewed. Work closely with the internal Audit team on any improvements and recommendations from the internal audit reviews.
- Implement core financial KPIs, reporting, scorecards as controls.
- Ensure the consistent application of Group financial policy and procedures as directed by members of Group Finance, in support of group and business objectives.
Systems and Reporting
- Responsible for managing the various tools and systems used for processing of all financial transactions.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree education or equivalent in relevant subject matter.
- Hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- The successful applicant will already have experience in leading a large team of different levels of experience.
- Strong financial control and financial reporting experience.
- Have direct, personal experience of delivering excellent results at national or business unit level in a similar organisation.
- Instantly credible and recognised as an expert in the field with a breadth of experience from organisations with a variety of finance operating models.
- Strong commercial acumen and decision-making.
- Strong systems skills – all core finance modules and ideally with some experience of Adaptive, Qube and Power BI or other similar tools.
Fantastic opportunity to join a leading business, and further develop in a positive and empowering environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits, including, bonuses and the flexibility to mix office and home working.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.