If opportunity doesn’t knock, then build a door!
My client is a property investment and management firm with over £3 billion of assets in the UK and USA, this major property group invests in commercial, industrial and residential property across the UK and on the eastern seaboard of the USA.
The are currently looking to hire an Assistant Accountant to maintain the financial records and prepare statutory accounts for various companies within the group and to assist with other accounting tasks.
This is an important role within the Financial Accounts team, which consists of about 20 people. The role offers a wide range of accounting experience in a friendly and professional environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare half year and year-end accounts for various companies within the Group.
- To produce analysis, explanations, documentation, and other evidence to support the numbers within the accounts for both management and auditors’ use.
- To assist with the preparation of the FTSE 350 listed company annual and interim reports.
- To produce reconciliations, perform a small amount of bookkeeping and other accounting related tasks for between 5 – 15 companies.
- To assist in the completion of quarterly VAT returns for various Group companies.
- To undertake ad hoc analysis and project work as may be necessary.
- To carry out any other tasks as reasonably requested by senior finance employees and which are within the capabilities of the job holder.
- 2-5 years of financial accounting experience
- Highly numerate and educated to at least A Level standard
- Good Excel skills (complex formulae, ability to manipulate large volumes of data)
- Knowledge of at least one accounting package
- Have an accounting qualification or be studying towards one
- Previously prepared statutory financial statements
- Worked for an accounting practice (desirable)
- Sage Accounts Production (desirable)
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.