A large public sector organisation based in central Southampton is recruiting a qualified or nearly qualified Financial Accountant to work within its central finance team. The key responsibilities of the Financial Accountant include:-
- Preparation of annual financial statements and supporting the audit process
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Overseeing the capital expenditure budget
- Production of the corporation tax return
- Reviewing and analysing changes to legislation and accounting standards
- Systems, processes and controls review and improvements
The successful candidate will be a qualified (or late stage studier) CCAB accountant with proven experience in a similar financial accounting role.
The role is currently home working but will move to a mixture of home and office so you must be able to commute to central Southampton on a regular basis.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.