“Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” Winston Churchill.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an international organisation who is seeking an experienced accounts payable specialist who has had proven experience of finance team management to join their team as Accounts Payable Manager.
In this role, you will work within the Central Finance team based at their office located in Bath. You will be responsible for the smooth operation of the UK accounts payable function with additional responsibilities for other UK and Group transactional processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead, manage and support the UK Accounts Payable team
• Managing Accounts Payable processes for new suppliers, purchase requisitions, invoice authorisations, payment runs including BACS
runs, employee expense reimbursements company credit cards, cheques and petty cash
• Month end close process and reporting for Accounts Payable
• Continual review and improvement of processes and controls over the purchase to pay cycle
• Preparing UK bank reconciliations and cash flow payment forecasts
• Posting non-sales and non-purchase ledger related bank transactions
• Raising intercompany group recharge invoices
• Key involvement in implementation of a purchase order system
What you will need to be great for this role:
• AAT level 4 and/or part to fully qualified CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
• 2-5 years' experience in an Accounts Payable or similar function in a medium to large organisation dealing with multiple currencies and
• Very comfortable using ERP systems and Excel
• Excellent communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Excellent organisational skills with ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.