“Partner up to produce meaning and value.”
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an established business to recruit a Finance Business Partner. You will be based at the firm’s Bristol office, but some ad-hoc travel will be required to Bridgewater.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a friendly and safety-first working environment. The role comes with a competitive salary along with other benefits including a pension scheme, generous holiday package share incentive plan, and much more.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Management and development of the Assistant Accountant
• To help develop the Infrastructure business unit working on internal and external bids to large PLC corporations
• Manage all financial activities in relation to the contract in a manner that adds value to the client, and to the business.
Challenging results with narrative and commentary to the business
• Management Reporting - P&L, Management reporting and commentary and KPI analysis
• To ensure a strong financial control environment, with strong reporting and balance sheet controls developed and
• Significant use of commercial modelling and data manipulation to challenger & drive business performance
• To ensure all financial procedures are dealt with timely and efficiently in line with procedures.
• Ensures relevant financial policies are applied, and financial records are accurate and timely
• Build a rapport, develop trust with the client, finance and operations colleagues
• Support the management team, providing regular information relating to performance vs target and areas for potential
• Ensures budgets and forecasts have been accurately compiled with regard to underlying operating assumptions.
Utilising best practise at all times
• Leading the task order process, this including creating, challenging and monitoring each task order
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Fully qualified in an accounting qualification - ACCA/ACMA/CIMA
• Excellent budgeting, balance sheet, and ledger knowledge with experience of creating complex models which allow
end users to easily interpret and act on resulting information
• The ability to drive business change in addition to producing information
• Experience of commercial data modelling
• Use of BI software, with a proven track record of improving business performance
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.