"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” Isaac Newton.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a well-established Hampshire based organisation to recruit a Head of Group Reporting. This role is an excellent opportunity for a technically strong qualified accountant from a practice background who has proven knowledge of all aspects of financial control and previous management experience.
As Head of Group Reporting, you will be responsible for all aspects of external financial reporting and financial control.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for leading the teams in preparing consolidated and subsidiary statutory accounts
- Work closely with the CEO and CFO to prepare briefing packs
- Work with the Group Financial Controller to assist with strategic reports
- Liaise with the external auditors and ensure requests and timelines are communicated across finance. Assisting the divisional financial controllers to ensure that audit requests are completed on time
- Respond to financial accounting queries from across the Group
- Responsible for overall delivery of month end procedures and forecasting
- Responsible for balance sheet control across the Group as well as balance sheet reconciliations within group finance
- Responsible for risk reporting and compliance
What you will need to be great for this role:
- Minimum of 5 years post qualified experience
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Highly numerate with good communication skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.