“If I had an hour to solve a problem, I’d spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.” Albert Einstein.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a rapidly growing retail group to recruit a Finance Assistant who will focus on the stores and stock for their growing company. If you have a strong financial background and possess excellent problem-solving skills, this could be the opportunity for you as this role can provide excellent career growth and promotional opportunity.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the store key financial reconciliations including weekly cash reconciliations and stock management
• Reconciling petty cash spent in store to receipts
• Reconciling individual store orders from supplier accounts to invoices
• Monthly accounting processes to a group accounting timetable
• Liaising with the buying and logistics teams to meet store stock requirements
• Continuous improvement in processes, driving efficiency and ensuring data integrity, documenting when changes are
made or implemented
• Play an integral role in building the culture of growth, ambition and customer satisfaction, leading by example,
addressing issues and poor behaviour and giving constructive, motivating and supportive feedback to those in your team
as well as the wider team and your peers
What you will need to be great for this role:
• AAT qualified or part qualified ACCA/CIMA
• Reconciliation experience is essential
• Excellent interpersonal skills – someone who can build relationships with people at all levels
• Comfortable working with large datasets and are comfortable with manipulating data, working with pivot tables, and
using most forms of Excel formulae to a high level
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.