Sheridan Maine are currently working on an exclusive basis with a successful and established business based in Newton Abbot who are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join the well-established finance team. The role is office based.
This role will suit someone who is hands on, and a good team player, flexible and with a can do attitude as this role is working in a fast paced and busy office environment.
- Bank reconciliations
- Accruals and prepayments
- Journal posting
- VAT returns and reverse charging, ideally with some experience but willing to train
- Sub-ledger/CIS would be advantageous but again can be trained
- Assisting with transactional processing (posting and raising invoices, credit control etc.)
- Assisting in monthly management account preparation
- Knowledge of payroll would be helpful but not essential
- Preparing internal and external reports
- Strong numeracy, with a high level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Good level of IT including Excel (pivots, v lookups, summifs ideally)
This role would suit a wide range of person, you can be studying either the later stages of AAT or a candidate who is studying CIMA. It can also cover someone who is qualified by experience (QBE) and who has good solid transactional accounting experience. The higher end salary is for an Assistant Accountant who will have more experience with month end accounting whereas the lower end is more for someone who may be more assisting than producing the accounts. The client is really open and flexible to anyone in this range as the fit in the team is very important to them as well.
This is a great opportunity to work for an industry leading organisation which is continuously seeking to be the best at what they do. They are a very passionate business who take pride in what they do and they have a true family spirit, it is a great team to belong to who work hard and have fun along the way. They strive for excellence and inspire each other to be the best they can be which makes them a great company to work with and work for.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.