“If you’re always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.” Maya Angelou.
I currently have an exciting 3-month fixed term contract to work for one of the world's leading media groups. With offices in locations across the globe this is a great chance to join a world leader. From advertising to marketing this company have it covered!
The purpose of this role is to ensure complete monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting is completed and delivered accurately by the given deadlines. This encompasses US reporting and UK Statutory reporting including tax.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Produce monthly P & L including commentary on all material variances
• Prepare and process month end journals/reclassifications
• Upload and submission of the monthly Hyperion management accounts
• Perform reconciliations from the general ledger to the management accounts
• Produce departmental P & L statements and present a synopsis to various key stakeholders as required
• Identify areas where costs can be controlled and communicate these with department heads
• Analysis of the Balance Sheet position and explanation of variances against budget and previous quarters
• Perform reconciliations from the general ledger to the management account balances
• Cash flow modelling
• Co-ordination of monthly working capital reporting
• Reconciliation of monthly payroll to rolling budget
• Ensure that agency compensation costs are reported accurately
• Produce all salary related captions and ensure that all salary related balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled
• Prepare the year-end financial statements under UK GAAP and associated documents
• Prepare reconciliation to US GAAP figures
• Assist agency finance in producing annual budgets and monthly reforecasts
• Prepare different models/scenarios as required
• Prepare quarterly forecasts with actual and forward-looking budget
• Take ownership of overhead cost budgeting in conjunction with agency
• Calculation, analysis and coordination of recharges for selected entities
• Responsible for VAT and other submissions as required to HMRC on a quarterly basis and timely payments to HMRC
• Seek to improve processes and main a robust control environment
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Part qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA
• Double entry bookkeeping knowledge is essential in this role
• Excellent analytical skills
• Pro-active and with a can-do attitude and able to handle tasks and drive results without close supervision
• A team player who actively supports others around them but also with ability to work independently
• Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate at all levels
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.