“If opportunity doesn’t come knocking at your door, build a brand.” Bernard Kelvin Clive.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a growing marketing organisation to recruit a Junior Management Accountant.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be part of a close knit Finance Team. You will be integral to providing quality, timely financial information and analysis necessary to record, support and drive business and financial performance.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Produce monthly management accounts and supporting analysis for all companies on time and to the highest possible
• Detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts and major profit and loss lines including fixed assets (capital and
depreciation), WIP, accruals and prepayments, accrued and deferred income, cash balances including FX movements,
VAT and PAYE
• Cost analysis and comparisons to budget and latest forecast and providing appropriate commentary for variances
across the whole P&L
• Ensure that the necessary accounting and internal controls are in place to ensure the reliability of all accounts and
• Integral to the external audit process, ensuring that issues are minimised, and any audit recommendations are
appropriately implemented and communicated
• To assist with the budgeting and reforecasting process including working with departmental heads to determine the
inputs/assumptions based on historic/current data
• Prepare client profitability reporting
• Statutory reporting including ONS, VAT returns
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Part-qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
• 1-2 years Management Accounts experience
• Previous experience in a small, but dynamic and fast moving/growing environment
• Experience of working with accounting packages, Financial force preferable (not essential)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Good interpersonal / communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Drive and enthusiasm to improve business processes
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.