“Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.” Henry Ford.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an established business to recruit a Group Financial Controller. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an organisation that can offer a flexible working environment along with a challenging and rewarding career.
As Group Financial Controller you will have full ownership of the Company’s financial and accounting processes. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining strong financial processes and controls to produce high quality, accurate financial information to support the UK business to deliver its objectives.
Your responsibilities will include:
• To act as a key and integral member of the UK finance team working closely with the other functions to produce and
distribute accurate financial information and ensure the business has strong financial controls
• To ensure that all financial information and performance KPI’s maintained within the Company’s financial and operating
systems are accurate and complete
• To take ownership over all transactional finance processes, ensuring they are efficient and effective with the
appropriate financial controls
• To lead the financial control team, challenging them on the status quo and establishing a culture of continuous
• To manage the relationship with the shared service centre in India which runs the Company’s Accounts Payable, journal
processing and cash allocation processes
• To be a sponsor of finance improvement and system replacement projects, working with the Finance Projects Manager,
to build positive relationships with the wider business to deliver projects successfully
• To analyse monthly financial performance by undertaking variance analysis and providing appropriate narrative to
explain any variances
• To take ownership over operational cashflow forecasting, maintaining the right level of working capital and cash to
meet liabilities as they fall due
• To play a key role in the budgeting and forecasting process, ensuring there is integrity in the financial information used
• To be responsible for producing the statutory financial statements, complying with both US and UK accounting
• To take ownership of the annual audit process, working with the external and internal auditors, wider UK finance team
and the group finance team in the US to deliver a quality audit
• To assist the CFO in managing the defined pension scheme, delivering covenant reporting, managing scheme expenses
and assisting with the actuarial valuation process
• To take ownership over the VAT return process and supporting the wider business to understand and administer VAT
arrangements to ensure compliance and accurate billing
• To manage the Company’s treasury platforms and processes, working with the group corporate treasury function to
manage foreign exchange risk and cash balances
• To work with Global Procurement and the CFO on procurement activities, including negotiation of new contracts and
roll out of new supplier platforms
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Ideally educated to degree level, a qualified accountant with a strong commercial mindset
• Strong experience in managing end to end financial processes and delivering change and improvement
• Strong people and influencing skills with the ability to build positive relationships across all levels
• Continuous improvement mindset and a willingness to challenge the status quo
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines
• Team player with willingness to help others beyond their formal role
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.