“Money in the bank is like toothpaste in the tube. Easy to take out, hard to put back.” Earl Wilson.
We are delighted to be working with an established media organisation that is currently recruiting a Cash & Banking Officer.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the cash and hedging function for the group. You will work with the UK Cash Team who own the banking and cash process. It is your role to ensure that the team are performing their responsibilities effectively and contributing to continuously improving the processes within the team. You will also be responsible for managing the relationships with the firm’s banking partners and ensuring that they are operating in line with their mandates.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Act as the key point of contact with the Bank Relationship Manager, ensuring that we are receiving the best possible
service and act as a point of escalation when necessary
• Management of the relationship with RTL treasury for all matters relating to cash and hedging
• Leading improvements to cash and treasury platforms
• Lead all cash and treasury related projects
• Opening and closing bank accounts as required by the business
• Contributing to continuously improving the processes and systems around cash and hedging
• Managing the group cash position for various currency accounts including USD, EUR, AUD
• Monitoring of non-pooled bank balances to ensure compliance with RTL Treasury policy
• Reporting cash positions to RTL via completion of the monthly cash reporting pack for UK entities, ensuring this is
completed within the RTL group deadlines in the most efficient manner
• Ensuring on a daily basis all company bank electronic statements from Bank have uploaded into SAP and resolving any
• Facilitating payments made through the banking platforms including manual cash payments and ensuring compliance
to policy and controls
• Ensuring all monthly interest calculations are correct, are captured accurately in the financial system and have been
communicated to the Business Units
• Review of Bank charges
• Processing payments for any hedging transactions
• Monitoring hedge in-trays to identify holdups in processing and liaising with the business to rectify
• Reconciliation and reporting of hedging balances monthly
• Being the main point of contact for the business for any credit card queries including new card set ups, queries and
assistance and maintaining the user credit limits and active user lists
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Previous experience within a cash management function is preferable
• A good working knowledge of SAP preferred
• Exceptional organisation and time management skills
• Highly numerate and accurate with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to plan and organise own work
• Ability to take ownership of tasks
• Ability to work under pressure due to work peaks around month end
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.