This role will be ideal for someone with at least 2 years’ experience in Product Costing across multiple SKUs in the Food industry and at lease 1 year previous experience within Accounts Payable function.
The right candidate will be responsible for updating and maintaining the end-to-end processes and system schedules around product costing. They will work closely across the business in partnership with the Sales, Technical and Purchasing teams to report on the latest costings and sales opportunities as required. They will also be primarily assisting with investigations in financial queries and completing bookkeeping and routine financial tasks in preparation of the company’s financial statements.
Key responsibilities for the role are:
- Preparation of SKU costing across multiple products in preparation for tenders across different sales sectors.
- Analyse and report on SKU margins, having factored in landing costs, palletisation, currency and all other attributable overheads.
- Able to provide different scenarios on costing depending on requirement from sales teams working closely with Category team.
- Accurately processing of purchase invoices on time and in accordance with applicable SLAs and answering to supplier queries.
- Validating expenses, seeking authorisation to pay and act as a contact point for expenses/PO queries.
- Managing purchase orders log issued by each department.
- Managing disputes of invoices in query.
- Managing the payment and queries process of online orders, liaising with Marketing team on disputes and returns.
- Communicate month-end timetables and key events to Financial projects using Office365 tools.
- Coordinating internal audit schedules and actively participating in queries raised.
- Reporting on creditors days outstanding and updating the system with SLAs as agreed.
- Assisting in maintaining file register of current service contracts and invoices.
- Maintaining re-charges log and preparing credit requests for suppliers in the system.
- Assisting with the preparation of Management accounts and the preparation of profitability analysis within deadline given.
- Completing bank entries verification checks prior to final bank reconciliations.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly sales report in a timeline manner.
- Updating and maintaining the asset register.
- Updating sales dashboard in IQ system, (training will be provided)
- Supporting in the administration of relevant finance request forms from different stakeholders (supplier application forms).
- Be able to cover the basic functions of Credit Control when required.
- Assisting with preparation and building of ad-hoc reports from different cost centres.
Skills and knowledge
- Costing analysis
- Advanced double entry
- Advanced excel
- Excellent analytical skills
- Entry level Accountancy student minimum (AAT, ACA, CIMA)
- 2 years minimum solid experience in Accounts Payable function
- Experience with IQ software – desirable
- Working knowledge of Office 365, Power BI) is advantageous
The successful candidate
- Be enthusiastic and work collaborative as a team player across departments.
- Great attention to detail.
- Substantial experience working in an Accounts Payable role previously, processing large volumes of invoices/queries.
- An ability to analyse and improve processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong customer service abilities.