“Good and solid analysis and a formal way of looking at a problem (are the core ingredients of good decisions).” Colin Powell.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an established exploratory and development business. They are currently looking for a FP&A Manager to join their busy finance team based in central London.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Manage the month end process
• Prepare the consolidated monthly management report for inclusion in the Board pack
• Prepare variance analysis against budget/forecast. Ensure correct classification by legal entity
• Maintain budget and monthly forecast models for P&L, Cashflow, Capex and Balance Sheet
• Manage the annual budget process. Liaise with budget holders in order to prepare annual budget including sensitivity
analysis and base vs stretch versions as required
• Prepare the annual timewriting rate budget working with timewriters/department managers and their internal
customers to ensure reasonableness and consistency of allocation of time.
• Develop and improve models and reports in line with business requirements
• Prepare Going Concern forecast models including sensitivity analysis for annual and interim audit purposes
• Manage the timewriting process including budgets and forecasts ensuring the timewriting rate is up to date and
analysing variances of capitalised and recovered costs from budget
• Manage the Treasury/G&A accountant whose principal responsibilities include treasury, accounting for payroll, vat
returns, G&A and monthly timewriting journals and reports
• Provide leadership to finance team on management reporting and budgeting activities and drive high standards in
overall deliverables for the team
• Contribute to various finance or corporate projects as required
• Contribute to annual audit/interim review as required
• Ad hoc tasks as necessary
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Excellent general accounting knowledge
• Strong analytical skills and good attention to detail
• Experience of maintaining complex excel models
• Strong communication skills
• Team player with a positive attitude who is capable of working on their own initiative and as part of a team
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.