"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." Michael Jordan.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a global business that is currently recruiting an International Finance Manager. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant however finalists will also be considered. The role comes with the flexibility of working remotely when in the UK, and some ad hoc international travel will be required.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Involvement in the month-end close process, including review of local reporting packs
• Day-to-day and month-end accounting support
• Involvement in resolving technical queries
• Help ensure tax compliance across the group directly, or through liaison with local professional service providers
• Periodic international travel to perform ‘spot checks’ on financial controls and processes, followed by recommendations
for meaningful and appropriate improvements
• Support in the set-up of new overseas entities
• Assist with the review and preparation of the international budgets and 3-year plans
• Support the preparation or review of the international financial statements
• Undertake process improvement activities
• Pro-actively undertake ad-hoc duties as they arise to support the business
What you will need to be great for this role:
• A self-starter who will take ownership of the tasks assigned and deliver to an agreed timetable
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• A team player
• The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
• Good organisational skills
• Good understanding of collaboration and associated behaviours
• Excellent problem-solving skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.