“The art of communication is the language of leadership.” James Humes.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a leading international business-to-business media Group and a FTSE-250 company to recruit a qualified accountant with strong leadership skills into their team.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Manage, coach and develop a high performing team of Management Accountants
• Help to implement and maintain robust financial control and reporting environment
• Prepare and review management accounts to ensure they are in accordance with company policy and applicable
accounting standards. Present them to relevant Business and Finance stakeholders
• Develop key insights that can be used by the business to drive performance
• Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Review monthly commentary on performance against budget, forecast and prior year for businesses under ownership
• Ensure that processes and controls are globally aligned, consistent and coordinated. Share best practice across division
• Other ad-hoc tasks and projects as assigned by the Divisional Financial Controller
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
• Enthusiastic people manager with coaching mindset
• Continuous process improvement expertise and mindset
• Strong knowledge of UK & US GAAP and IFRS
• Understanding of direct and indirect taxation
• Technical competence in finance systems
• Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.