“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an educational organisation that has recently experienced strong growth to its UK region. Due to this growth, they are currently recruiting an experienced Senior Accountant who will be based at one of their sites in west London.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ownership of all GL accounts
• Producing monthly management account packs which will include full commentary for any variance vs forecast/budget for both monthly and year to date movement
• Creation and posting of journals
• Monthly Balance sheet reconciliations
• Liaising with Accounts Payable to ensure all invoices not captured are accrued accordingly
• Liaising with the Billing and Revenue accountant to ensure any income not invoiced is accrued
• Providing post month end analysis of costs to the Group Project teams relating to Fixed assets, Marketing and IT
• VAT returns and submissions
• Working closely with the Business Managers to ensure information is readily available for budget/forecast queries
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Demonstrable experience in a previous accounting role
• ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (desirable, but not essential)
• Strong financial system experience
• Strong technical knowledge on IFRS standards
• Great attention to detail
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment
• A good team player, flexible, able to adapt and pro-active with a positive attitude, enthusiastic and self-motivated
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.