Sheridan Maine are currently recruiting on an exclusive basis for an Assistant Accountant join an established team based in Poole to cover a mixture of transactional accounting and assist the Finance Manager with the month end process.
Working as part of a friendly team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Checking and posting invoices with accuracy
- Reconciling supplier statements and dealing with any queries
- Organising multi-currency payments
- Posting payments
- Perform daily bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts in various currencies
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare the VAT returns for approval
- Participate to the monthly reporting process to include prepayments & accruals
- Prepare analyses of the company’s performance (overheads & KPI’s)
Sales Ledger / Credit Control:
- Assist with any urgent enquires in the absence of the credit controller
- Provide holiday cover for all aspects of the credit control function when required
- Investigate credit worthiness of existing customers and new customers
- Ensure all orders accepted are within agreed credit terms
This role would ideally suit an AAT qualified individual with strong Excel knowledge and experience working in a similar role.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.