“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” John Maxwell
Sheridan Maine is working with a leading international media Group. They are currently looking for a qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) with experience of people management and coaching to lead a team of Management Accountants at their central London office.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
• Manage, coach and develop a high performing team of Management Accountants
• Help to implement and maintain robust financial control and reporting environment
• Prepare and review management accounts to ensure they are in accordance with company policy and applicable accounting standards. Present them to relevant Business and Finance stakeholders
• Develop key insights that can be used by the business to drive performance
• Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring balances are fully substantiated
• Review monthly commentary on performance against budget, forecast and prior year for businesses under ownership
• Support business stakeholders with their management information needs
• Ensure that processes and controls are globally aligned, consistent and coordinated. Share best practice across division and department
• Other ad-hoc tasks and projects as assigned by the Divisional Financial Controller
Some of the skills you will have:
• Understanding of internal controls requirements
• Continuous process improvement expertise and mindset
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience in divisional reporting structure
• Strong knowledge of UK & US GAAP and IFRS
• Understanding of direct and indirect taxation
• Technical competence in finance systems, ideally NetSuite and SAP FC
• ERP systems implementation, ideally R2R and NetSuite
• Effective coach and team leader
• Willingness to challenge status quo and drive continuous improvement
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.