“The art of communication is the language of leadership.” - James Humes.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an established organisation based in central London. They are currently looking for a Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) with a process improvement expertise and mindset to join their team as Finance Manager.
Guiding and supporting a team of high performing Management Accountants, the successful candidate will have excellent leadership skills and the ability to nurture and establish effective professional relationships.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage, coach and develop a team
- Help to implement and maintain robust financial control and reporting environment
- Prepare and review management accounts to ensure they are in accordance with company policy and applicable accounting standards.
- Present them to relevant Business and Finance stakeholders
- Develop key insights that can be used by the business to drive performance
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Review monthly commentary on performance against budget, forecast and prior year for businesses under ownership
- Support business stakeholders with their management information needs
- Ensure that processes and controls are globally aligned, consistent and coordinated
- Other ad-hoc tasks and projects as assigned by the Divisional Financial Controller
What you will need to be great for this role:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Understanding of internal controls requirements
- Experience in divisional reporting structure
- Strong knowledge of UK & US GAAP and IFRS
- Understanding of direct and indirect taxation
- Technical competence in finance systems, ideally NetSuite and SAP FC
- Effective coach and team leader
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above.