“The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves.” Ray Kroc.
Our client is looking for an ambitious finance individual who can display excellent leadership skills. The ideal candidate will have recently finished their accounting qualification (ACCA) and be seeking their next career challenge. Working closely with the Finance Director, the Financial Accountant and other members of the finance function and the wider company, you will play an integral part in the day to day running of the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading the statutory accounts, making sure month-end is completed in a timely and accurate fashion
• Audit preparation for quarterly and year-end filings under US GAAP
• Working closely with HMRC, leading on Tax Compliance details for the UK and US, as well as preparing the R&D tax
credit calculation, working with tax advisors to ensure that it is submitted timely at year end
• Reviewing the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Reviewing the month end journals for accruals, intercompany charges, along with complete ownership of prepayments
• Reviewing the VAT returns and weekly payment runs
• Aid and review the preparation of year-end FRS 102 accounts
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Recently qualified
• Technically strong, with UK GAAP knowledge and ideally with material US exposure
• Attentive to detail, data integrity and accuracy
• Entrepreneurial outlook
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.