Sheridan Maine are working on an exclusive basis with a client who is based in Wareham, to recruit for an Assistant Accountant / Management Accountant to join a small but growing team. Assisting Head of Finance with the monthly management accounts, process improvements and transactional processing on both the sales and purchase ledgers.
On offer to the successful candidate will be a competitive salary, benefits and the opportunity to work in an energetic, friendly and positive team.
Key day to day responsibilities:
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations and cash flow forecasts
- Bank reconciliations
- Purchase & sales ledger processing
- VAT returns
- Process improvements
- Monitoring aged debts
- Preparing the weekly payment run
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A confident attitude with great attention to detail
- Currently studying AAT level 4, early stages of CIMA/ACCA or similar accounting qualification
- A fundamental understanding of profit and loss and core transactional finance
- Confident using accountancy systems, including Excel (v-lookups and pivot tables)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.