“If opportunity doesn’t come knocking at your door, build a brand.” Bernard Kelvin Clive.
Sheridan Maine are proud to be working with a creative business based in Bath who are looking for a Commercial Finance Analyst. If you are currently studying or interested in studying your accounting qualification, commercially astute, and have experience of working in the media industry, this could be the job for you! This immediately available position involves working within a fast-paced environment so you will need to hit the ground running.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Prepare and distribute robust management information and analysis and report key variances
• Provide data and insight to drive operational performance and improve profitability
• Engage with the business leaders and operational teams, to drive robust financial decision making supporting the long-
term strategy of the business with KPI reporting
• Produce the weekly sales report
• Reconciliation and posting of revenue, costs and balance sheets as part of the month end process
• Forecasting and planning
• Support the commercial finance managers during the annual planning process for the business owner; drive the
development of local operational plans that support the financial expectations. Build models to support budgeting and
forecasting. Ensure that the business is accountable for the plans
• Provide financial insight that can influence decision making
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• An enquiring mind with strong analysis and numerical ability
• Effective prioritisation of workloads and initiatives to deliver results in a timely and relevant manner
• Strong G Suite and MS Office skills including Excel (including pivot tables, macros and vlookups), Word and Powerpoint
• Able to problem solve and use initiative to improve
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.