“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” C.S. Lewis.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an international financial services firm to recruit a VAT Specialist into their team. Based at the firm’s central London headquarters, this is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that offers an optimistic future with prospects of career progression.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of the monthly and quarterly VAT Returns for UK group companies
• Preparation of monthly EC Sales Lists and Intrastats for UK group companies
• Preparation of monthly control account reconciliations, working with Accounting to resolve any differences
• Support the European subsidiary companies and affiliates with their indirect tax compliance obligations as necessary
• Supporting the VAT Senior Specialist with the provision of UK VAT advisory services, including advice on cross border and international VAT matters
• Managing HMRC queries related to the VAT returns, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat
• Supporting the VAT Senior Specialist with recommendations on systems and process improvements across the business
• Support with the design and delivery of an updated indirect tax risk framework including internal controls, assurance and audit
• Support on the tax configuration of the ERP system
What you will need to be great for this role:
• ACA/ACCA qualified/part qualified accountant or qualified by experience
• A good understanding of VAT return preparation from data extraction through to balance sheet reconciliations
• Strong experience in EU VAT with a good understanding of both goods and services
• Ability to quickly understand complex commercial transactions and provide a view
• Good knowledge of SAP ECC and BW
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.