Underwriter – Up to £41K + Benefits
About my Client
A forward-thinking insurance company who have undergone a period of growth over the last few years and have proved their resilience during these challenging times. They have a great team, provide a fantastic working environment and offer some excellent benefits!
The main purpose of this role will be to manage a case load of applications and make appropriate decisions on the terms to be offered in a timely manner. You will also have the opportunity to be actively involved in the roll out of a new bespoke underwriting system and make improvements where necessary.
· Managing a case load of applications and/or amendments to applications and making decisions on the terms to be offered as appropriate, and in consideration of risk factors, in a professional and timely manner
· Managing a case load of Change of Occupation notifications, Reviewable Exclusions and Claims Referrals
· Making decisions with regard to cases which need to be referred to the Senior Underwriter, Chief Underwriter & Head of Business Processing or Chief Medical Officer and progressing as necessary to ensure a resolution
· Carry out analysis and produce reports based on data produced by the URE and SSG system as directed by the DU and CU
· Under the supervision of the DU undertake research of current underwriting & competitor practise and discuss with CU, CMO and other stakeholders to improve outcomes & mitigate exposure to excessive risks
· ACII Qualified / Relevant Underwriting Qualification preferred
· Strong analysis and reporting skills
· Proven experience of working within a Financial Services environment
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a team