“When you pay attention to detail, the big picture will take care of itself. Georges St-Pierre.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a global corporation who are currently looking to recruit an Indirect Tax Specialist into their team based in Northampton.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the preparation and submission of VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales listings for a number of European subsidiaries
• Preparation of monthly VAT control account reconciliations and monthly VAT journal entries
• Ownership, management and implementation of the supporting administrative tasks that the role involves
• Maintain a good working knowledge of indirect tax legislation and procedures and assist with providing advice to the businesses on EU-wide indirect tax matters
• Resolution of management review questions raised on returns and reconciliations
• Maintenance of VAT rates within IT systems
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant educated to degree level or equivalent
• The ideal candidate will have experience in preparation and submission of VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales listings for European subsidiaries
• An ability to take ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks with minimal supervision
• A proactive individual who strives to deliver high quality results and who is continuously looking for new and innovative solutions to issues
• Suitable relevant management accounting experience
• Strong analytical skills
• Great attention to detail and accuracy
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.