A community focussed business in the Portsmouth area is recruiting a Financial Controller to head up the finance team and work as part of the senior management team. The Financial Controller will manage the finance team and drive business results through the creation and maintenance of robust and effective financial management systems, enabling business strategic aims and objectives to be met. The key resposnibilities of the Financial Controller include:
- Working as part of the senior management team, providing strategic and financial advice to help drive business performance
- Monthly management accounts and drafting annual statutory financial statements and reports
- Producing revenue and capital business plans to achieve the organisations strategic plans
- Providing detailed financial appraisals of strategic initiatives and annual plans
- Overseeing credit control, payment of creditors and invoicing
- Leading and managing the finance team
The succesful candidate is likely to be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA), though qualified by experience candidates will also be considered, who have worked in similar hands on but strategic Financial Controller, Finance Manager or Head of Finance roles and have demonstrable experience of team management and working at senior management level.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.